The Chinese beast Xiaomi has done it again, they have come up with the smartphone that can beat all high-end phones. Its Mi6 is a masterpiece, the phone comes with a 5.15 full HD screen that lets you enjoy watching movies and playing games on it. The phone is fast and efficient due to its 6 GB RAM and 835 Qualcomm Snapdragon processor.
You can do as much multi-tasking as you want and we can assure that the phone will never hang. The phone is also perfect for taking pictures as it comes with an 8-megapixel front camera and 12-megapixel rear camera. You can choose between 64 GB and 128 GB memory space. Xiaomi Mi6 comes with the latest android 7.1 Nougat. Once you start using the phone, you will never want to use another.
The best thing is that Mi6 is rooted and it comes with TWRP recovery. With Mi6, a custom recovery is exactly what you need with this great phone. You can explore the phone to great lengths and we are sure you would love every moment. With a custom recovery, you can make system level changes on your phone such as flashing different firmware or changing the partition. If you have got your hands on Mi6 and you are looking for a way to install TWRP recovery Root Xiaomi Mi6, then check out this article. It will provide you a complete guideline on installing a custom recovery on your phone.
You may also read: How to hack Pokemon Go++ with Tutuapp on Android devices.
This tutorial is only for Xiaomi Mi6, we will not recommend you to use it for other devices.
- It is imperative that you create a backup of all your data including contacts, emails, calendar, SMS etc.
- If you are having trouble connection your phone to the system, it is because your USB debugging mode is disabled. Before you start with the actual tutorial, please enable this mode.
- Also, enable Developer Options from your phone’s settings.
- Unlocking OEM is another important step.
- When you are connection your phone to PC, it is should via a USB cable. It is recommended that you use only the original USB cable.
How to install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi6:
- The first step is to download the recovery.img file on your phone. If you want the process to be easy, we suggest you rename the downloaded file to recovery.img.
- Copy the recovery file and you have to download it in a folder that is located in the program files of your system. The folder would be named as Minimal ADB & Fastboot folder.
- All done, connect your PC to your phone and open the minimal ADB & fastboot.exe from the folder you placed it in.
- Open command window using the shift key and the right click, then type the command “fastboot reboot-bootloader”. This command will reboot the phone into bootloader mode.
- The next command is for flashing the recovery on your phone. You should type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” in the command window.
- Lastly, type “fastboot reboot recovery” to enter the TWRP recovery mode. There is an alternative to, you can simply press and hold the power button along with the volume down and up button to enter the TWRP mode.
You may also read: How to fix ‘The device is not connected to any network’ error in Huawei P10