In this tutorial we are going to explain how you can downgrade iTunes from version 12.7 to iTunes version 12.6. Apple has come up with iTunes 12.7 for Windows and Mac. The update comes with many changes, it will affect your iTunes workflow. The update supports iOS 11, but it also removes the iOS app store along with its ability to sync ringtones and apps.
You can download apps via the iOS App Store on your iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad. There is good news for people w, o want to use the previous version of iTunes, they can downgrade iTunes to 12.6. However, if you update to your iOS device to iOS 11, we suggest you stick to iTunes 12.7.
In this article, we are going to tell you how to downgrade iTunes from 12.7 to 12.6.
Note: It is imperative to make a backup of your phone on your computer before you downgrade it. If something goes wrong, you can restore it from the backup.
You may also read: Jailbreak iOS 8.4.1 on 32-bit iPad and iPhone Using EtasonJB
MAC- How to Downgrade iTunes 12.7 to 12.6
- if iTunes is running, force close it by pressing cmd+Q.
- Open search light by pressing cmd+Space and then enter Terminal. Open Terminal.
- Enter the following command in Terminal:
- You will enter the Application folder in Terminal. Delete iTunes and its corresponding files. Now enter the command below
sudor m -rf iTunes.app/
Note: It is important that you enter the exact command as above.
- You will then have to enter your computer’s password. After entering the password, hit Enter.
- Open Finder, Go Menu, and select Go to Folder.
- In the input field enter the command ~/Music/iTunes/ . iTunes folder will open.
- Look for iTunes Library.itl and move it to Desktop.
- Go back to ~/Music/iTunes/ and search for previous iTunes libraries, then copy the most recent dated iTunes library files.
- Head back to ~/Music/iTunes/ and past the library file. Also, rename the library file to iTunes Library.itl.
- Download iTunes 12.6.2 for MAC.
- Open the downloaded file and install it.
Windows- How to Downgrade to iTunes 12.7 to 12.6
- Copy paste the file iTunes Library.itl from C:/Users/[Computer Name]/Music/iTunes on
- Go to Program, Program and features, and then change or uninstall a program.
- Here, uninstall iTunes 12.7 by right clicking and choosing uninstall option.
- Download iTunes 12.6.2 for windows from the iTunes download page.
- After installing it, copy the iTunes Library file in the first step and paste it into C:/Users/[Computer Name]/Music/iTunes . Don’t miss this step, it is an imperative step.
- Open iTunes, you will back to the old version.