Google Assistant is amazing and it is powerful. There is no doubt that it is great but yet it needs to work a lot harder in order to compete with Apple’s Siri and Amazon’s Alexa. Nonetheless, Google is really working hard to make something extraordinary out of Google Assistant. For this very reason, they have introduced more voices. In case you don’t like the default voice, you can Change Google Assistant Voice on Google Home or your Android device.
Changing Google Assistant voice is very simple and effective. All you have to do is follow the steps below and enjoy this amazing feature.
You may also read: How to enable Google Assistant on Android devices running Lollipop version
How to Change Google Assistant Voice on Smartphone
Make sure that you have Android 6.0 or above OS running on your smartphone. Follow the steps below to Change Google Assistant Voice.
- Activate Google Assistant. To do so, you will have to long press the Home Button on your device.
- On the top right corner of the screen, you will see a Blue Explore Button. Tap on it.
- Now look for the menu button, the three dots and tap on it.
- Tap on Settings, then on Preferences and lastly on Assistant Voice.
- Select the voice that you like and you are good to go.
How to Change Google Assistant Voice on Google Home
We will be using Google Home app to Change Google Assistant Voice. At the moment Google supports only Voice 1 and 2, so if you choose another voice it will automatically restore to the default voice. To change the voice follow the steps below.
- Launch Google Home App on your smartphone.
- Tap on the menu button present on the left side of the screen.
- Tap on Settings, then on Preferences and finally on Assistant voice.
- Here choose the new voice.
That is all about how to Change Google Assistant Voice on Smartphone or Google Home. So, don’t wait around. Change Google Assistant Voice and enjoy.