When you create a backup of your iPhone or iPad on your computer using iTunes, the backup is saved on a local drive your PC. People who have limited storage might end up with a problem of low storage. . You can easily create a backup of your iPhone and iPad using iMazing.
This can be really troublesome when you create a backup of your iPhone or iPad on regular intervals. However, we do have a solution to this problem. You can always create the backup on an external drive instead of a local one. This will save you the precious PC storage
Download the App
You may also read: How to Unzip and Zip files on your iPad and iPhone using iOS 11 Files App
How to create a backup of your iPad or iPhone on an external device using iMazing:
In this tutorial, we will show you How to create a backup of your iPad or iPhone on an external device using iMazing. All you have to do is follow the steps below.
Step 1: The first thing that you need to do is download and install iMazing on your PC.
Step 2: Connect your computer to your iPad or iPhone and then launch iMazing.
Step 3: iMazing will automatically detect your iOS device. Once it does, you then have to change the location where you plan to save the backup. To do this, select your device from the left sidebar.
Step 4: Open the Setting of your device by clicking on the cog icon located at the top.
Step 5: Next to the backup location, there is a change button, tap on it.
Step 6: To choose an external drive as a backup location, click on disk or choose a custom location.
Step 7: All done, now click on Done button. To close the device settings again click on Done button.
Step 8: Now to backup your iOS device, click on the backup button.
You may also read: How to Access different things on iPhone X
How to restore from backup using iMazing:
- Switch off your Find my iPhone off and for this go to settings, open your account, tap on iCloud, and toggle off Find my iPhone.
- Connect your PC to your iOS device and launch iMazing.
- From the left sidebar, select your device and click Restore a backup.
- A list of backups will come forward, choose the desired backup and click on Choose button.
- You can customize the backup by clicking on Customize back, else hit Skip.
- To restore click on Next and Restore button on the confirmation dialogue box.
Note: If your backup is encrypted you will be needing the password.
- iMazing will restore your phone and the time depends on the size of the backup.