If you are looking for a way to add mobile data toggle in quick settings, you have come to the right place. The main objective of a smartphone is easy to access. Everything should be just a tap away. However, with so many features it becomes difficult to add them to quick settings. Nonetheless, there are some features that should always be a part of the quick settings and one of that feature is mobile data.
We understand how frustrating it is to go to settings in order to turn mobile data on. iPhone users have been facing this issue for quite some time, however, they realized the importance of quick access to data and put the option in control panel. Likewise, there are many Galaxy smartphones that lack this option.
This might come as a surprise to many as Samsung always had this option in the notification panel. Nonetheless, you do not have to worry. We are going to show you an easy method to add mobile data toggle in quick settings.
How to add mobile data toggle in quick settings
In order to add mobile data toggle in quick settings, you will have to perform a couple of steps. You will have to put the toggle manually via command-line and you will also need ADB. We can assure you that it will not break your warranty as you will not be rooting the device. In addition, no third party modification is been done.
Before we start, you need to ensure that the mobile data toggle is absent. It should not be present under the extended tiles available. To confirm, scroll down the notification panel and then scroll down again. On the top right corner, you will see a three-dots option. Tap on the option and look for the mobile data option. If you find it well and good, if you don’t, get down to the tutorial.
1. The first step is to enable the usb debugging mode on your smartphone.
2. Next, turn your computer on and download the latest platform tools from here. Incase, you already have the tool, then go to step 4.
3. After downloading the file, extract the file. Now launch a command prompt from the folder you extracted. To do so, look for a file name ADB in the folder, once you find the file, press shift and right click in the folder containing ADB file. From the menu choose the open command window option.
4. Connect your mobile phone and type the command below
5. If everything goes successfully, you are properly connected and you accept the debug request that pops up, then your command window tel your device status as attached
6. Now type in the command below
7. After the above command, run the command below
Settings get secure sysui_qs_tiles
8. Now copy everything that you see on the command prompt window. Make sure that you do not miss out anything, not even the commas.
9. Now head back to the command prompt and type the code below.
Settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles “COPIEDDATA, Mobiledata”
10. Open your phone and end to the quick setting options. You will find mobile data there.
That is all on how to add mobile data toggle in quick settings