From the very begging, people have been looking for a way to hide apps on iPhone. These apps can either be the unused Apple apps or some personal app, after all, out of sight out of mind. They had to download third party app and then hide them; however, it seems things have changed. With iOS 10, regardless the device that you are using i.e. iPhone 7 or iPhone 5, you can now hide all the unwanted apps especially the Apple stock apps. Why not hide apps when you can easily find them with the Spotlight search on your phone.
We know there are no official methods for hiding apps, but it seems that smart users around the world did come up with several different ways of hiding and finding your apps on iPhone. All you need to have is iOS 10. In this article, we are going to tell you about these amazing methods. So, let’s get started!
You may also read: How to enable Two-Factor Authentication on iPhone
Hiding Apps using Folders on your iPhone:
You will be amazed to learn that iPhone lets you have about 12 pages of apps inside a folder, so if someone is looking for some particular app on your phone. They would have to dig pretty deep. The best way to go about hiding your apps in a folder is by making the first page of those apps that you don’t plan to hide. The main idea here is that you flood a folder with different apps and hide some apps among the others. Below are the steps to do this.
- Since the main objective is to hide some apps, therefore, it would be better if you make this folder on the second or third page of the Home screen. You can access these pages by swiping to the left from the main Home screen.
- Now tap and hold on the app’s icon that you plan to put in the folder until it starts to wiggle.
- If you already have a folder created, simply add this app to that folder along with other apps in order to hide it.
- If not, then you need to drag the app towards another app that you plan to put in the same folder. Once the icon of both apps overlaps, they will automatically be placed in a folder. Add more apps to make a cluster of them.
- To truly hide, add 7 more apps that you don’t mind people seeing and then move onto the next page and add the apps that you don’t people them to see.
- We understand this method doesn’t actually hide the app, but it ensures that no one accidentally accesses something you don’t want them to be.
You may also read: How to install iOS 11 Beta on iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad
Hide the Stock iPhone Apps:
Go to Home screen and tap on the app that you plan to hide.
- Hold onto it until it starts to wiggle.
- Now click on the ‘x’ button at the top corner of the app. This will delete the app, but you can always get it back from the Apple Store.
Find Hidden Apps on iPhone:
To find the hidden apps, follow the steps below.
- From Home screen, you have to swipe from the middle of the screen.
- Spotlight Search will be launched.
- Now type the name of that app that you are searching for and you will see it provided it is present on your phone.
You may also read: How to make Siri read text aloud only when needed
Hiding apps from Spotlight Search:
If you don’t want the app the be searching by Spotlight Search, all you have to do is disable this option.
- Go to Setting, from there to General.
- Tap on the Spotlight Search
- Look for the app that you do not want to appear in the spotlight and toggle it off.