If you want to automate a few simple things in your house hold, we believe that Samsung SmartThings is what you need. You would be surprised to know that it takes hardly about an hour to automate your phone. That is exactly how long it took us to set up Smarthings hub along with 2 addition SmartThings helpers. There is a wide variety of things from which you can take your pick, we, on the other hand, opted for the multipurpose sensor and outlet.
These things are pretty fun to have around, and they are bound to make your life easy. If you have decided to venture on your own journey of installing some of these things, you need not to worry. As below, we have listed all the prerequisites along with the directions for your journey. So, let’s get started!
You may also read: Everything you want to know about Allo
Samsung SmartThings- Getting Started
The first thing in the list is to ensure that you have a SmartHub installed at your place. This is a prerequisite for Setting up Samsung SamrtThings. We have Connect Home mesh Wi-Fi router system installed at our place. It has a built-in ZigBee compatibility and we are connecting the SmartThings through it. However, regardless the Wi-Fi your use to power your house hold, you can still connect with the SmartThings Hub on its own.
Next in line is the Samsung Connect App. You need to install that app on your smartphone before you go any further. You don’t have to own a Samsung smartphone for it, all that matters is, that you have a smartphone. Download the app, and then login using your Samsung account information. If you don’t’ have an account, simply create one.
Now follow the on-screen instruction, in case you come across a pop-up message stating that you need to manually activate the hub. Then you would have to enter the “Welcome Code”. You can find this code on a separate card that is present in the box of the hub. Once done, connect the hub with cables and power it up. If everything goes according to the plan, you will see a solid green light on the device display.
You may also read: Problems and their Potential Solutions of HTC U11
Adding the SmartThings Device
Below are the steps to add a new SmartThings Device.
- Usually, a device automatically populates, but if it doesn’t you need to add it manually. To do so tap on the Plus Sign.
- Now look for the add device manually option and tap on it.
- Choose the SmartThings.
- To add the device, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once you are done, simply tap on the Done button.
- Once you have connected your new SmartThings, you can customize it by going to My devices and tap on the desired device.
Program Rules for Samsung SmartThings
The SmartThings do come with their own automated abilities, but you can program them out and manage them accordingly to your liking via Samsung Connect app.
- Open the Samsung Connect App.
- Now tap on the menu button and then on Rules.
- After this, add a new rule by tapping on the Add Rule option.
- You will be asked to enter the name for the rule, also the where you would like to use it.
- Now select Add conditions. Here you can select the device condition, time period or time of the day.
Once all is done, you now can enjoy SmartThings, you can do things like setting the time at which the turn is to be turned on. For instance, we have set 8 pm as the time every night when the light of our living gets turned on. To fully enjoy SmartThings, all you need is little imagination.
You may also read: The Android O Developer Preview 4 has been released by Google