LG G5 is an excellent smartphone, it was the first device to come with an all metal constructions. The phone has a lot to offer, however, there are a number of issues that an LG G6 user faces, in this article we are not only going to discuss those issues, but we will also present you with their potential solutions.
A number of users have complained regarding seeing a significant backlight bleed. There are some users who even say that they see distortion when they apply a little bit of pressure on the screen.
You may also read: Top 10 Tips for Saving Battery Life of Samsung Galaxy Note 5
This is a hardware issue, therefore, you should go for the replacement program. To find the significance of the problem, you can download Backlight Bleed Test app from Play store. This will help you show the issues to your network carrier or LG when trying for the replacement app.
Notification LED not Working
People are complaining that the notification LED does not seem to work will with the third-party applications. Many say that they are not having this problem with LG application, it’s just the third-party applications.
As this is a software issue, it will be resolved with the next LG update, but till then you should download Light Flow app from Google Play Store. It will aid the working LED Notification and help it work as it is supposed to do so. The app is not free but you can enjoy free trail for a couple of days.
There are many users who have claimed that they tend to hear static noises and loud hissing when they plug in their AUX cable. Some users say that this problem occurs with specific stereo system and cars.
You may also read: All there is to know about Samsung’s New ISOCELL sensors
- Start with making sure that the AUX is properly connected to the headphone jack of LG G5. A bit of force is required, so don’t be afraid to apply that.
- When dust is accumulated in the headphone jack of either the phone or the car/stereo system, one might face this problem. Therefore, it is important to make sure that there is no dust present in any of these headphone jacks. You can use g-tip and rubbing alcohol to clean them.
- If the main headphone jack of stereo system is not working try out the secondary one. A number of users have found out that using the secondary Jack removes the static noises.
- Lastly, users suggest using ground loop noise isolators for completely removing this problem. You can easily find them for about 10 dollars on Amazon.
Proximity Sensor Issue
There are many LG G6 users that complain about the proximity sensor issue, i.e. they are unable to access phone during calls while using the screen guards. They say they face this problem especially when they are using the tempered glass screen guards. In order to overcome these problems, we have listed their respective solutions below.
- For starters, you need to see if the problem is with proximity sensor or with something else. To check it, download Aida64 from Play store, then go to the Sensor’s sections and search for Proximity Sensor. After that, you need to hold your hand over the sensor and wait for the value. It should be between 5 for far and 0 for near.
- Dial *#546368#*860# to re-calibrate the sensor. The last three digits “860” are the model number of your LG5. After this, you have to perform the SAAT test and for that head to Device Test, then to the Service Menu Manual Test (SAAT), key press test, Cal start. Now the proximity sensor will be recalibrated.
Like all other smartphones, users are having connectivity issues on their phone. The Bluetooth issues are more common in LG G5 as compared to the Wi-Fi issues. There are many who tend to complain about having issues with both of these things. Therefore, below we have listed potential solutions for both Wi-Fi as well as Bluetooth Issues.
- Start with turning off your router for 10 seconds and then retry connecting.
- Disable the power saving mode provided it is enabled.
- Switch to another option if your Wi-Fi channel is crowded. You can check this via Wi-Fi Analyzer app.
- Forget Wi-Fi connection and re-entry the information again to connect.
- Ensure that the router Firmware is up to date.
- All the software and apps should be up to date.
- Ensure that your MAC device is allowed access in router’s MAC filter.
You may also read: What is Plex and how to set it up
- If you have trouble connecting your Bluetooth to your car, we suggest you check for the car’s manufacturer manual and follow the instructions accordingly.
- Make sure that you have done everything and are not missing something important for the connection.
- Head to Setting>Bluetooth, and make sure everything is in order.
- Trying to pair your device from the scratch again, this has often helped users.
- If you are facing a problem with multiple device connections, we suggest you hold your horses, as only a future update will be able to remove this problem.
No App Drawer
This isn’t an issue, as LG has intentionally decided to take away the app drawers in their latest LG UX. This might take some time for getting used to it.
- You can easily download the app drawer by downloading the LG Home 4.0 from LG SmartWorld App. Or you head to Setting>Display>Home screen>Select Home and from there you need to choose EasyHome. You will get your app drawer back with a relatively simpler interface.
- Or you can opt a third-party launcher from Play Store.
Image Retention on Display
A large number of LG G5 users have complained about the image retention on the display problem especially with the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen.
You may also read: How to set up Alexa for updates on different sports
- Download an image that is all-white and leave it open on your phone for about 3-4 hours. This will make all the image retention go away. You can download the Dead Pixel Detect and Fix app from Play Store and let it run its course.
- If the above solution doesn’t fix it, you have the rare case of screen burn-in and the only possible solution is that you opt for the replacement program.
People are having trouble using the camera of LG G5, they say either it crashes down or is unable to focus.
- Most of these problems have started occurring once user updated to the latest Android Nougat. If you haven’t updated, we suggest you wait for a stable update.
- Try cleaning the cache of your phone by going to settings> App Manager> Camera and look for Force stop. Once you find that tap on it and then clear the data lastly clear your cache. Got to Setting, from there head to General, then to the Storage section and look for cached data to wipe it.
- Run a hardware diagnostic by dialing *#5463683*XXX#, here the triple x is the model number of your phone. In case this code not work it means that the hidden menu of your network has a different code. Look for that code on Google.
- It is a software issue, however, if you are unable to resolve it. There is a possibility it might be due to faulty hardware your best shot is the replacement program.
You may also read: How to stop hackers from stealing private data from your smartphone
Soft Reset, Wipe Cache Partition, Hard Reset, Hardware Control Mode
- Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds to turn off your phone. Do this when your screen is not responding.
- You can even pull the battery out to shut it down.
- Switch off your LG G6.
- Turn it on by pressing and holding the volume down key along with the power button. Once you see the LG Logo on the screen, leave the power button and press it again immediately. Keep pressing the buttons till you see the factory reset menu.
- To navigate use the volume keys and to select use the power button.
Booting in Safe Mode
- Switch off your phone, turn it back on. Press and hold the power button once you see the LG logo on the screen. Keep pressing till you see the screen of the Safe mode.
- If your phone is on, bring forward the shutdown option by pressing and holding the power button. Now press and hold the Power Off option. Wait till you see the confirmation pop-up. To enter the Safe Mode, simply press “Ok”
Hardware Control Mode
- Even though your phone’s display is damaged or broken, you can still perform the basic functionality via hardware buttons.
- Switch off your phone.
- To enable the hardware control mode, press and hold volume buttons along with the power button for about 10 seconds.
- To navigate use the volume keys and to make a selection use the power key.
- To answer a call, press both volume keys at the same time and to end a call press power button during the call.
- You can turn off the alarm by pressing and holding both the volume keys once the alarm starts ringing.
You may also read: How to connect XBOX One & PS4 controller with NVIDIA Shield TV