The person who is known as the founder of Android has come up with his own company, known as Essential. After years of experience, the company recently introduced their first flagship device in the market by the name of Essential PH-1. The phone was made available at the beginning of this year, it comes with classy design and outstanding specs. The phone has everything that you can expect from a high-end smartphone.
When we talk about the design of the phone, the most intruding part is the bezel-less display. You will find it unique and refreshing. The front of the phone is fully covered with a display and at the top, you will see the front-facing camera. The phone initially had Android 7.1, but you can now update it to the latest Android 8.0 Oreo. If you have the phone, you will understand that it is a powerful machine.
Without rooting you can do a lot, just imagine once you root it, what will happen. It will be something out of the world. If you have been in search of a way to root, unlock bootloader and install TWRP on your phone, your search ends today. In this article, we are going to teach you all of this. We will provide you simple and effective guidelines. So, without any further delay, let’s get down to business.
Essential PH-1: Learn how to Unlock Bootloader, Root and Install TWRP
The steps below are only for Essentia PH-1, so we highly recommend that you do not try them on any other phone, as you might end up with a brick phone. That is something you would not like to do.
Like any other phone, you need to have some pre-requisites before getting down to business.
- You need to ensure that the debugging mode on your phone is enabled.
- It is imperative that you create a backup of your phone. There is always a possibility that you might have to wipe clean your phone, so to avoid losing everything we suggest you make a backup.
- It is imperative that your phone has a minimum battery life of 80-85 percent.
Below are the files that you need to download.
- Start with downloading the TWRP Recovery file for your Essential PH-1. Once you are done, you need to rename that file t recovery.img. Also, copy the file and paste it into the ADB folder on your computer.
- The next thing that you need to do is download Magisk v14.3 and place it in the internal storage of your Essential PH-1.
- After this, download the boot image. You will have to move this modified boot image to the folder for the current build.
You may also read: Top 5 features of the Essential Phone
Complete Guide on How to Unlock your Essential PH-1 Bootloader
- Head to ADB folder and open command prompt. You can do that by pressing Shift Key and right click.
- Now connect your phone to your PC and type the command below
adb reboot bootloader
- You need to enter the fastboot devices command to check the establishment of the connection.
- To unlock the bootloader, you need to enter the command below. Remember, this will also remove all the data from your phone.
fastboot OEM unlock
- Once all the above is done, type in the command “fastboot reboot” to restart your phone. The bootloader is unlocked now.
How to Install TWRP on Essential PH-1
- Connect your smartphone to the computer and enter the command below in the command prompt.
adb reboot bootloader
- After the bootloader is rebooted, type the command “fastboot flash recovery.img” This will install the TWRP on your phone.
- Once the process is done, restart your device and disconnect it from the PC.
How to Root Your Phone
- You need to boot into the TWRP recovery mode. To do so, switch your phone. Press and hold the power button along with the volume buttons.
- To navigate in the recovery mode, you will have to use the Volume buttons and to make a selection you will need the Power button.
- Navigate to Install option and select the Magisk v14.3 file.
- To flash the zip, swipe.
- After the flashing is completed, you need to reboot your device.
- Now your device is successfully rooted and you have magisk v14.3 on your phone.
You may also read: How to update your Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro to Stock Android