Not having the latest mobile phone is not a mater of worry when it comes to operating system and upgrading it to latest Android. We are talking about Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE N900 which had been launched by the company back in 2013 and still many a users have this magnificent beast in their possession.
If you are one of those lucky people who stay away from showing off and want to use a phone because it’s useful and handy, then you are in for a treat. You can easily download and install GZR Tesla Nougat Custom Firmware which is based on the latest Nougat 7.1.2. This firmware has great features including animation control and QS tiles customization and is compatible for Note 3 LTE N900 in every possible way but still it has not been announced by the Samsung company itself.
You may also read: How to update AICP Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM to HTC One M8
You can update your Samsung Note 3 LTE N900 to Android 7.1.2 GZR Tesla Nougat Custom Firmware by following this tutorial mindfully. You are highly recommended and advised to make back up pf all your data because in case of a catastrophic situation where things might not go as planned, you would, at least, be able to recover your precious data.
There are a number of things that you need to do, download and install before you start with the actual process of installing Custom ROM on your phone.
- Make sure that you have downloaded and installed the USB drivers of Samsung on your computer.
- Do not forget to enable the USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that the bootloader is unlocked. If it is not, you might run into boot loops during the installation process.
- Another important thing is to make a backup of your data. If something goes wrong or you might have to wipe your data, you should have a backup. We understand you would not want to lose everything. So, backup your data someplace safe.
- Your Samsung device should be charged, it should have a minimum battery of 80-90%.
- Most of these tutorials are for factory unlocked phones, we recommend that you do not try this tutorial if your phone is carrier locked.
- Having a Custom Recovery installed on your phone is a big Plus.
- When you enter the recovery mode during the installation process, you should perform the Dalvik cache wipe.
You may also read: How to record a customized animated gif on Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+
Below we have provided the complete instructions on how to update your Samsung Note 3 LTE N900 to Android 7.1.2 GZR Tesla Nougat Custom Firmware. If you already know how to install a custom ROM, we are sure this is not going to be different for you. But if this is the first time you are trying to install, you should read each and every instruction carefully before starting with the installation process.
You may also read: How to Install XXU3CQE6 Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware on Galaxy A3
- Starting with downloading Google Apps and Android 7.1.2 GZR Tesla ROM on your computer.
- Then connect your Phone to your PC so that you can mount the memory of your Phone. Make sure that you use an original USB cable to make this connection.
- Copy the files that you downloaded in step 1 and paste them in the internal or external memory of the phone. The important thing to remember here is that these files should be directly placed in the memory and not in any folder.
- Switch your phone off and disconnect if from the PC.
- Turn it back on and get into the recovery mode by pressing and holding the Power button plus the Volume Down key. You will be in Clockwork recovery mode now.
- Once there, you need to do a complete data wipe by tapping on the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option.
- Next step is to cache wipe by tapping on “wipe cache partition”.
- You might also want to perform “dalvik cache” by heading to CWM recovery>>Advance>>wipe dalvik cache.
- Head back into the main recovery mode screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Head back into recovery mode and select option “install zip from SD card” by tapping on it, use your volume keys to navigate the file to the downloaded zip file of Android 7.1.2 ROM zip file you copied on your device’s SD card and start the installation process by selecting it.
- Repeat the same step to install the GAPPS.
- Step 12- Head back to “+++++Go Back+++++” option, tap on it and then select “reboot system now” option by tapping on it to reboot your Note 3 device.
You now have on your Android 7.1.2 GZR Tesla Nougat Custom Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy LTE N900 Note 3.
You may also read: How to improve speed of HTC U11 Smartphone with internal hack