We know that the company no longer produces Nexus series, all thanks to Pixel, but the series did come up with outstanding phones. Nexus 6P is an example of their exemplary work. If you already own the device or you find it at a disconnected price, we suggest you get your hands on it. It is a powerful and effective smartphone due to its top of the line camera, high-end specs, solid build quality and classy design.
Nexus 6P is bound to provide you a with an outstanding Android experience. This is perhaps one of the best phones that were released back in 2015. Despite all these years, it still is one of the best phones, you can get your hands on.
You may also read: How to install the latest Snapchat Beta APK for Android device
Like all other smartphones, Nexus is no exception. It also has its own issues and in this article, we are going to focus on these issues and their respective solutions. So, in case you are having trouble with your phone, do check out the list, you might find the solution here!
Auto Rotate not Working
Among the most common problems that Google Nexus users are facing is the auto rotate problem. It seems after weeks of using the phone, it stops to rotate. The issue occurs across all apps including thirdly-party as well as inbuilt apps. Users complain that they face this issue especially when they are using the camera, watching videos or playing games.
There is a possibility that a rouge app might be causing this problem. You can verify that by booting your phone into the safe mode. Check if the problem still persists, if it doesn’t it means that there is an app that is responsible for it. Uninstall any recently added apps before you started facing the problem.
Another reason bedding this problem can be faulty G-sensor and accelerator. You should download an app such as the GPS & Status Toolbox to check if the problem is with the above mentioned factors. If this is the problem, that it is a hardware issue and only the company fix this problem, so you would have to apply for the replacement program.
Users have been using third-party apps for this problem as well. One good app is the Rotation control, it lets you manually trigger rotation switch. If the problem resolves with the help of a third-party app, it means it is a software issue and the next update will come with a permanent fix.
You may also read: How to root Google Pixel to Android 7.1.2 NJH47D Nougat official update
Device Stuck on Do Not Disturb Mode
There are some users who complain that they are unable to get their phone off the do not disturb mode. Once the mode it enabled, the phone remains in that mode, regardless the multiple reboots.
It is a software issue that Google has acknowledged. The recent updates have fixed this particular issue for a number of people, but it seems there are still some who face this issue.
For people who are still suffering from this problem,should go to Setting>Sound and Notification>Do not disturb>Automatic rules. There they need to start a custom rule that should instigate at some point in the past and it is finished within few minutes after you enable the settings. Now the phone will be on standby and once the rule expires, the Do not Disturb mode will also be disabled.
Poor Call Quality or Muffled Voice
There are many users who have complained regarding poor call quality and muffled voices. This is issue is because of the noise cancelling microphone located at the back of the device.
You may also read: How to Root LG G6 and Install TWRP Recovery on it
It is a software issue and Google has acknowledged it. Its has been fixed with in Android update 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
However, there are still some who face this issue and they do have other solutions for it. For instance, some say that covering the microphone resolves the problem and then we have those who say that uncovering the microphone located at the back, near the camera solves the issue. So, you can give it a shot to every method and see what works for you.
If you have rooted your phone, then de-activating the noise cancelling settings seems to make the problem go away for certain users.
Like any other new mobile phone, you might be facing connectivity issues with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on your Google Nexus 6P. It seems that Bluetooth issues are the more prominent ones especially when connected with sound systems, smartwatches and cars.
Start with giving a the router reset for about 10 seconds. Turn it off for 10-20 seconds and then turn it back on.
Ensure that the power saving mode is disabled, you can do that by going to Setting, from there to power saving mode.
Another important thing to check is whether the channel that you are using is overly crowded or not via Wi-Fi Analyzer. If it is, you need to switch to a better option.
Try forgetting the remember Wi-Fi connection and get it again. This might resolve the problem.
The firmware of the router should be up to date.
All the requried applications and software should be up to date.
Make sure that the MAC address of your device is allowed access in the router’s MAC filter. You can find the MAC address of your device by going to Setting, from there t advance and then note the MAC address.
You may also read: Top 10 Tips for Saving Battery Life of Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- If you are unable to connect your phone to your car via Bluetooth, you should check the manual of both the car as well as the device and reset connection accordingly.
- It is important to ensure that you do not miss any important part of the connecting process.
- Head to Setting, from there to Bluetooth and then ensure that everything is intact and you don’t need to make any changes.
- Try forgetting all previously paired devices and connect them from the scratch.
- If you are facing issue with multiple device connection, we suggest that you wait for the future update as that is the only way to fix the problem.
Safe Mode, Wipe Cache Partition and Hard Reset
- Switch off your mobile phone.
- Now turn it back on my pressing and holding the power button along with the volume down button.
- Once, you see the Start with an arrow on your press, you should tap twice tap on the volume down button and the power button to enter the recovery mode.y
- Now keep pressing the power button, but you need to tap and release the volume up button.
- To navigate you should use the volume buttons and to make a selection use the power button.
- Once you are sure the screen is, press and hold the power button.
- Now tap and hold the power off option.
- To enter the safe mode, press OK.
Wipe Cache Partition
- Switch your phone off.
- Press and hold the power button along with the volume down button till your device turns back on.
- Once you see start with the arrow button, then press the volume down button twice and also hold the power button. This will make enter the recovery mode.
- To navigate use volume buttons and to make selections use power button.
You may also read: The most common Fitbit problems and their respective solutions