Android phones may have made communication easier, you can know reach out to your loved ones within seconds irrespective of their geographical location. However, with these perks, there are certain disadvantages as well. Since anyone can reach out to you anytime, anywhere, one is bound to come across the wrong type of people. By the wrong type we mean spam class, fake calls or worst case some freaky psychopath. It is pretty easy for them to reach out to you as all they need is your cell phone number.
The nonstop wrong calls are very irritating, but every problem has a solution. We to have a solution for this particular problem. Most of the smartphones come with an inbuilt block caller id feature. Since it is purely the developer’s choice on how to incorporate this feature in the OS, thus enabling it varies from mobile to mobile. We will be telling you how to use this particular feature, but for now, let us focus on the second method that is the Stock Android.
You may also read: How to stop hackers from stealing private data from your smartphone
Blocking wrong calls with Stock Android is a piece of cake, so we suggest you get your hands on a Stock Android Handset such as Nexus 5X or Nexus 6P. There are two ways of using this feature, first, you need to go to recent calls, then press and hold on the number that you plan to block. From the pop-up menu select “Block Number”
For the second method, you need to open phone app, from there tap look at the top-right corner, you will see three dots, tap on them. Then select settings and from the menu, tap on Call Blocking and add the numbers that you want to block.
Carriers to block the number
To make things easier for you, mobile carriers also provide this service. However, there was an upper bound i.e. you can block a certain number of mobile numbers. All most all major carriers of USA supports this feature, for instance, Verizon lets you block only 5 number etc. Likewise, you can get a certain number of mobile numbers blocked.
You may also read: How to hide Apps, Files and Photos on your Android Phone
- Blocking phone numbers on Samsung phones.
- If you have a Samsung phone, below is the way to block a number.
- Launch Phone app, and from there select the number that you plan to block.
- After that hit, the “More” button present at the top-right corner.
- Now tap on “Add to Auto-Reject List”.
- Done, now to remove it, you first need to go to Settings, from there head to Call Setting, then all calls and finally auto reject.
Blocking Call on LG Smartphones
- Open Phone app, and tap on the three dot on the top-right corner.
- Select Call Setting, then select Reject Calls and now add the number that you want to block by pressing “+” button.
- Blocking Calls on HTC mobile phones
- Launch, Phone app, then you need to tap and hold the number you want to block.
- From the pop-up menu, select the “Block Contact” and lastly select Ok.
Third Party apps
In case your smartphone does not support the above features, you can always use third party apps. Below we have listed some of the best third-party phone blocking apps.
- The blocklist
- Call blocker
- Call Blacklist