Xiaomi is a great phone and it offers several features. Most of you would love what all it has to offer. Multiple xiaomi devices tend to support the Camera 2API. Among these devices, we have Mi A1, all the Mi A1 users are going to be excited about these news. However, the feature is not enabled by default; you will have to enable it.
It is a shame because if the feature was enabled, you would be able to enjoy several Google Camera pots that are available over the internet. We are sure you must be aware of these amazing features. You will be surprised how Google Camera HDR+ can change the overall quality of the camera. This feature works amazingly well with the Xiaomi phone. There are many other available as well such as the AR stickers mode, the Portrait Mode etc. Most of the people are attracted to these camera modes and they would like to enjoy them on their phone as well.
You may also read: 12 Most Exciting and Best Upcoming Android games of 2018
You don’t have to worry about the fact that you can’t enable this amazing feature on your Xiaomi phones. There is a way via which you can enjoy the feature on your phone. In order to enable the Camera2 APi on Xiaomi phones you need to make some changes, you need to root your phone. However, rooting is not something that everyone can do. You need to have a little experience, because if something goes wrong you might end up with a completely dead phone. So, you need to be careful.
Learn to Enable Camera2 APi on Xiaomi Mi A1 and you don’t even have to disable OTA updates
Once you root your phone you will be able to make changes to the system properties. To enable the Camera2 API on your phone you will have to make changes at the system level. Once you make changes to the system files like build-prop, it means you won’t have able to accept the Over-the-Air updates. However, we did come up with a way through which you can enable the camera 2 API on your phone without making any changes to the system files.
The developer Flex 1911 did come up with a step-by-step guide that you let you unlock the bootloder of your phone and enable the camera 2 API using the setprop command. The good news is that after you enable the Camera2 app, you can relock the bootloader. You will have to uninstall Magisk for this purpose. Once all this is done, you will be able to receive the official OTA’s anytime you want.
You may also read: How to Fasten up Chrome for Android Devices
You can enable anything you want on your phone without keeping the bootloader of your phone permanently unlocked via this common way. This means that you won’t be able to get the over-the-air updates. So, to enjoy the Camera2 APi on your Xiaomi Mi A1, you need to follow the steps below. Following these steps will ensure that you won’t have to miss your chance of getting over-the-air update.
The Complete Instruction
- The first thing that you need to do is unlock the bootloader of your phone using the Magisk. Once you do that, you can head to the next step.
- Now enable the ADB settings, you will be able to find them in the developers settings.
- We are assuming that you already have the platform-tool binaries. Now all you have to do is enter the following command in the cmd or the shell. “adb shell”
- After this, you need to enter the code “su” in the shell and then hit enter.
- The device will ask you permission to root access, allow it and after that type the command “setprop persist.camera.HAL2.enabled 1” on the command prompt.
- Restart your phone to ensure that the Camera2 API works well with on your smartphone.
- Then you need to uninstall the Magisk via the Magisk Manager.
- Now reboot again and ensure that you system reboots properly.
- Finally reboot the bootloader of your phone using the code “adb reboot-bootloader”
- Now to relock the bootloader of your phone, type “fastboot oem lock”
You may also read: Android Secrets That You Didn’t Know will enhance Your Android Phone in 2018