Android phones are known for their diversity and flexibility. Google Store app and Google Play services are the main reason behind Androids feasibility. Both these factors play a key role when choosing between iOS and Android phones. Most smartphones come with both Play Store and Google Services by default. However, there might be some in which you will have to manually install these things. Rest assured, both of these services are free to download and install, but sometimes, you need to face the Google Play Authentication Required Error.
To install apps and to update them, you require Google services, in short, they are the most imperative part of your Android phone. So, we do understand how troublesome it would become when these services start to give you an error. A handful of people are complaining regarding the Google Play Authentication Required Error. So, to get your out of the misery, we present you a complete tutorial on how to Resolve Google Play Authentication Required Error.
You may also read: How To Download And Install Google Play Store On Nokia 6
When does Google Play Authentication Require Error Occur
Most users face this error when they try to install a new app or a service. Reason being, Google Framework does not authenticate your account, thus it does not grant you the permission. There can be other reasons as well, nonetheless, following the solutions below will resolve the Google Play Authentication Required Error.
How to Resolve Google Play Authentication Required Error
There are a couple of ways to resolve this error. If one method does not work, you can always give a shot to another one. After all, the error reason does vary from device to device, so the solutions are going to be different as well.
Method 1: Reboot your Android Device to Resolve Google Play Authentication Required Error
Instead of changing your phone’s entire settings, or fiddling around with the data, why not try something as simple as rebooting our device. Often rebooting a device tends to solve many problems,
- To reboot your device, press and hold the Power button.
- Once you see the Power Off option on the screen, tap it.
- Once the phone shuts down, to restart it press and hold the power button again until the screen turns on.
Method 2: Delete Google Account
Since the problem is mainly because of missing information and wrong permission, deleting and setting your Google account again might do the trick. There is a possibility that after setting the account from the scratch, you won’t face the Google Play Authentication Required Error again.
- Launch your phone’s Settings.
- Tap on “Select Google” option under Accounts.
- In case there is more than one Google account, remove the Primary one.
- Now restart your device and head to Play Store to add your account.
You may also read: How To Fix Google Pixel Battery Life Problems
Method 3: Clear Play Store Data and Cache
In case removing and adding your Google account did not do the trick, you then have to remove the data and clear Cache directly from the Google Play Store. By removing data, we do not imply that you remove any installed app.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Look for Apps and Notification, under that you will find “See all Apps” option.
- Tap on Play Store app present on the list.
- Now you have to tap on Clear Cache, under Storage option.
- Under Storage, you will also find the “Clear data” option. Tap on it as well.
To ensure that the error is no longer present, try installing a new app or a service from Google Play Store.
Method 4: Resolve Google Play Authentication Required Error by Uninstalling Updates for Play Store
- You can uninstall updates for play store to remove the error.
- Launch Settings app.
- Go to See All Apps under Apps & Notification option.
- There tap on Play Store app option.
- At the right top corner of the screen, you will see three dots, tap on it and finally uninstall updates button.
Now see if you still face the problem or not by installing a new app or service.
Method 5: Factory Reset your Device
If nothing else works, out last resort to resolve Google Play Authentication Required Error is to factory reset your phone.
- Launch Settings app.
- Go to System and tap on Reset Options.
- From the options, look for Erase all Data option and tap on it. From the next screen, tap on Reset Phone.
- To proceed, your password is required enter that to reset your phone.
Now see if the error still persists, hopefully, factory resetting your device will resolve the error.
You may also read:Download and Install the latest Google Play Store 7.9.52 APK